(aka "The Beach")
914 East Main Street
The Community House located in a residential area on the end of East Main Street has been in existence since 1917, best known for dances and the movie theater on the pier. As years have transpired the log cabin style building, built in the (1940's) has been refurbished, and the hurricanes of the 90's washed away the pier.
In 1985, the Building was dedicated as the Charlie H. Smith Community House in memory of "Charlie Smith" for his many years of dedicated service to the teens of the community. Mr. Charlie opened the building for the youth and provided a meeting place for the teens for decades.The fenced playground area is open to the general public on a daily basis and has access to restrooms. The common uses of the grounds are a gathering of families for a day out, birthday parties, and picnics. A volleyball court and net are also provided. Many times in the spring elementary aged school groups will gather for their "end of the year parties". Should anyone plan a large gathering please notify the Town of Belhaven at (252) 943-3055 Ext. 210 to ensure that several large groups don't plan their outing on the same time.
Enjoy the beautiful waterfront on Pantego Creek; take a lunch break or time out to read a book at the Community House.